Saturday, June 11, 2011

Preachin' (Part 1)

Connections begins holding services tomorrow for our leadership team and supporters.  I have been a minister with the Assemblies of God since 2006, I've prepared bible studies, memorial services, testimonials, and the occasional sermon, but this is the big leagues (ok, maybe the AG farm team).  It has been a great week.  


There are things you discover only by stepping out in faith.  I have enjoyed the process of developing a message to share.  It has called me to go deeper into the bible than I have ever gone before.  This job comes with great responsibilities and I don't take them lightly, but it also comes with great blessing.  God has given me a backstage pass to His show;I see passages from Old and New Testament blending together like never before, I feel His guiding hand from words chosen to the type of background for the presentation; simply amazing.  He has increase my confidence and understanding so I can pour into others.  Remember when your parents gave you the keys to their car for the first time, something like that. 


I am nervous too.  What kind of voice will God give me?  What style will he craft in me?  Will I bring him Glory?  Will I be able to express my overwhelming joy while portraying God's message clearly?  Will I break free from convention and preach as He would have me preach; can I be my authentic self?  


Lord, do not allow me to shame you; let your words of wisdom, encouragement, conviction, and love pour from me.  Decrease me, leaving only you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment